More than 1,300 Department of Education staffers were terminated by the Trump administration on Tuesday after all employees received an ominous notice instructing them to stay home from work.
The layoffs mean that the department will now have a work force of about half the size it did when President Trump took office. By Michael C. Bender and Dana Goldstein Reporting from Washington ...
On Thursday, President Donald Trump signed an Executive Order titled “Improving Education Outcomes by Empowering Parents, States, and Communities,” that attempts to dismantle the Department of ...
President Trump's ability to eliminate the Department of Education is much more limited than you might think, despite his recent executive order. Thomas is a native of upstate New York and a ...
The Department of Education announced Tuesday it was firing nearly half of its workforce, the latest Trump administration move to shrink the federal government that could face swift legal challenge.
The Department of Education on Tuesday announced it is cutting its workforce by nearly 50% as the Trump administration proceeds with its plans to dismantle the agency. "Today's reduction in force ...
President Trump signed an executive order Thursday directing Education Secretary Linda McMahon to dismantle the Department of Education as much as she can, carving a path of legislative and legal ...
Washington — Staff at the Department of Education received a notice Tuesday instructing them to leave the building by 6 p.m. local time and informing them that all department offices in ...
Congress created the department in 1979, and the Constitution doesn't give the president the power to shut it down by executive order alone. But technicalities haven't stopped Trump's agenda so far.
Department of Education staff will receive "reduction in force" notices Tuesday before nearly half of the department's workforce is terminated, Fox News Digital has learned. Earlier Tuesday, a ...
Trump said his administration wants to shut down the Department of Education “as quickly as possible,” adding “we want to return our students to the states,” though it would ultimately ...
Asked if U.S. Needs Education Department, Its Head Says ‘No’ Education Secretary Linda McMahon said that President Trump intended to sign an executive order aimed at closing her department.